Old September 12th 05, 07:46 PM
Steve Foley

I don't expect user fees will reduce GA activity much. Only safety.

I flew to Maine and back this weekend (Almost over your house, but at 5500
or 6500 feet), and never spoke to ATC, or anyone else except a friend of
mine flying the same route. Would not have incurred any user fees.

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
And this is before the user fees are enacted! Outstanding!

Part of the reason that user fees are inevitable is because commercial
aviation is tired of subsidizing small planes. The upcoming Delta
bankruptcy will shine more light on the huge subsidies that GA is
receiving, from the AIP operating and capital grants, to the FAA system
that GA gets to use for free.

The next major GA incident (whether it be another violation of the ADIZ,
or the next high profile crash) will provide opportunity for anti-GA
activists to really pile on. For now, we wait, patiently.