Old November 28th 03, 09:40 PM
Keith W

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
Keith W wrote:

"Bob Salvo" wrote in message

Anyone?
Bob

That's against the laws of thermodynamics. If you can make a passive

device
produce thrust you should rule the world with your new perpetual motion
machine! At best it reduces losses.

In my country, our gliders move forward because the wing produces
thrust, and our sailboats move over the water because the sail produces
thrust. Whether we should rule the world is causing much controversy.

--
-----
Replace "SPAM" with "charter" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Yep - I was thinking of thrust as a primary force rather than that due to
'tobogganing' (ie a change of supporting force forward of the vertical).
Away I go to the sackcloth and ashes 8-).

As to whether the US should rule the world - I will duck out of that to
prevent a repetition of the reams of vehement verbiage which has already
filled the bit stream 8-))

Keith