Old December 15th 20, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LS3A rudder needed

On Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 7:56:43 AM UTC-5, Mike wrote:
On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 7:35:25 PM UTC-5, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 11:13:48 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Our club is currently in the initial stages of rebuilding a LS3A , we are in need of a rudder...

Do you have anything left of the original rudder? We can make a copy if there is something to start from.

Bob, I have a rudder I can lend you if you and the club agree to go this route. I would donate it to the club but I need it for my LS-3 project.
Mike

Mike, that is very kind of you, we are working on getting a rudder repaired or finding something that we can make work. You certainly would think that there is a rudder out there somewhere from a damaged ship. We are expanding our search, hopefully something will turn up or possibly go the repair route. It would certainly be a shame if we cannot get a rudder, we have been working on the ship for the last few weeks and making great progress. Bob