Old December 20th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Airbus Autoland Incident - Classified Video Leaked to Internet

Greg Farris writes:

... then plays a tape of "My Way", which the French believe
to be originally a French song.

It was. The original music and French lyrics were written by Claude
François, Jacques Revaux, and Gilles Thibault.

The American lyrics were written in a single evening by Paul Anka,
specifically for Frank Sinatra. I think the American lyrics are
vastly better than the French lyrics (which are very depressing).
Certainly the Frank Sinatra version is much more popular than the
original, outside of France.