Old December 21st 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
J.Kahn

Default Z's network?

olympusE1 wrote:
...snip

One of the guys that used to fly with me on the airline used
to skydive with Zoom. And he said he was normal back then, and that
was back in either the late seventies or early eighties. But then
again, how normal is anyone who skydives :-)

...in the late 70s (1979, to be exact) he was being carted off from
Tulsa in a butterfly net by his daddy because he was caught
impersonating a doctor (using his grandfather's medical bag, white coat
and I.D.) and scheduling his girlfriend for a hysterectomy. here's a
few graphs of the Tulsa Tribune article:

Tulsa Tribune

Jan 4, 1979
Page 1A
" Doctor No
All 'physician' lacked was a license
By STEVE WARD

Dashing young Dr. James Campbell had a standing offer with co-workers
and
neighbors at his apartment complex: Call him if they needed a doctor.
They
called often. He came to the rescue of a woman having a heart attack,
gave
first aid to a girl with a bad cut on her forehead, treated an next
door
neighbor's baby who had a cold and was planning to perform surgery on
his
girlfriend.

Everyone liked Dr. Campbell. He told them he was a man of the world -
he
was working with the CIA, was a Vietnam veteran, a daredevil who once
tried
to parachute off the world trade center in New York City and was
licensed
to fly commercial jets. The only thing wrong was that Dr. Campbell,
who
practiced in Tulsa for four months, was not a doctor.

Campbell was described by his father as being a "schizophrenic" who has
tried to convince even his parents that he is a doctor, even though he
never has attended medical school, officers said. Yet he functioned in
Tulsa suburb as a doctor, although he apparently never performed
surgery,
until last week. Everyone who came in contact with him until recent
weeks
was impressed."

now, i don't know what, exactly, you use as a benchmark for normal, but
in this case the manifestations of, shall we say, abnormality showed up
rather early in life.

al

Can the original article be posted somehow? The online Tulsa Tribune
archive only goes back to '89.

John