Old September 2nd 11, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

Default IDAHO FATALITY

On 9/1/2011 7:19 PM, Ventus_a wrote:

Snip...

You have several times now ignored the possibility of training how to
do a low pass with an instructor on board, just like any other gliding
maneuver.-

Uhh...of *course* it's a (theoretical only?) possibility. Are there
sites in
NZ where folks could travel to do this? I'm unaware of any in the U.S.
that
advertise zoomie instruction is part of their standard offerings.

Snip...

Hi

Final glides are part of the Qualified Glider Pilot syllabus and
competition finishes are part of the Advanced Training syllabus
available in NZ

http://tinyurl.com/3z7a6mh

http://tinyurl.com/3s9p6eu

Regards
Colin

More (apparently) good/usable input on the subject of zoomie instruction. (I
use 'apparently' because when I tried to use the links, I was unable to obtain
connections.)

So now RAS readers have been informed zoomie instruction is available both in
NZ and OZ...and we're told mandatory, prior to contest involvement, in OZ.

From my perspective (given the severally-thin-margins associated with
safe-and-sane zoomie execution [pun not intended]), the NZ and OZ approaches
seem prudent, if not outright wise.

Regards,
Bob W.