Old December 23rd 03, 06:57 PM
PaulaJay1

In article . net, "Hilton"
writes:

I don't believe it is, just as it is not correct to use approach charts
before their start date. There was an article in IFR or IFR Refresher a
while back about this. Note that the charts contain both start and end
dates/times. I'm assuming you're referring to using it to fly instrument
approaches.

You're right. The guy I talked to at Jeppesen didn't know but emailed me back
that you can't use the chip for approaches before the start date. Seems they
really do change things on that date. I guess with two chips, I can update one
early and keep in the plane and change on time and then bring the old one home
for reprograming next month A little extra care but makes it legal and most
important, the insurance company can't use it against you.

Chuck