Old November 14th 05, 06:02 PM
Robert M. Gary

Default Tomahawk/ Skipper

I've given Private Pilot training to a couple students in Tomahawks. My
understanding is that they had some strange stall behavior at one time
but since the FAA's mandated stall strips were added they have had no
problems. I found it to be a very nice plane to stall. It does spin
easier by design. CFIs were complaining that it was too hard to give
spin training in the Cessna 150 so better spin training became a
requrement of the Tomahawk. Nowadays people don't tend to do spin
training for privates so no one cares. If you read the Tomahawk web
pages you'll see that there appear to be more reasonable answers to the
few spin accidents that have hurt the Tomahawk reputation. The main
benefit of the T over the Skipper is better support from a larger fleet.