Old April 18th 04, 03:04 PM
O. Sami Saydjari

Default Merlyn Automatic Wastergate Operations

I believe I have a Merlyn Automatic Wastegate. In looking through the
documentation I got with my airplane (PA28R-201T), I found something
entitled "Merlyn Products, Inc. Upper Deck Pressure Control for the
Teledyne Continental TSIO-360-F and -FB Engine; Installation Report:
Number 18-1; August 3, 1989."

Is this supposed to be the manual for the automatic wastegate? Is this
just another name for a wastegate?

On the last page, there is a half page entitled "Information relative to
operation." It is approximately content-free. It says nothing about
how it works, how to test it operationaly to make sure it is working,
any operational limitations, etc.

Should there be some further documentation? If so, where might I get
it? I tried going to "www.Merlyn Products.com" and it does not seem to
work. Are they out of business?

-Sami
N2057M, Piper Turbo Arrow III (1978)