Old April 6th 04, 03:59 PM
Dweezil Dwarftosser

"George Z. Bush" wrote:

"Allen Thomson" wrote:

BTW, just out of curiosity, honest question, what is there
about the patch that calls into doubt its American provenance?

Let's turn the thing around. What is there about the patch that
establishes its American provenance? Whatever the language in use
is, it doesn't even appear to be English! Under those
circumstances, why not doubt its origins?

I've never been in a USAF wing with an emblem that didn't
display the wing motto in Latin. I've seen one or two
historical unit patches that had the motto in French
- but these units likely had originated there in WW I.
....NEVER in English.

Of course, I could be wrong, but that's what does it for me.

George Z.

(I have no idea where the thing came from, but can't see
anything that looks particularly non-USian.)