Old January 23rd 04, 08:38 PM
C J Campbell

"Rob Perkins" wrote in message
| "Jay Honeck" wrote:
|
| Well, compared to the $50 million Congress just approved to build a RAIN
| FOREST here in Iowa City, Iowa (I'm NOT kidding), it's relative peanuts
I'm
| sure...
|
| WHY has Congress approved a rain forest for Iowa? It doesn't make any
| sense...
|
| Iowa doesn't have the yearly precipitation needed for rainforest
| climates, does it?

It was done in retaliation for the Iowa delegation's constant interference
with how western states and Alaska develop their resources. Western and
Alaskan legislators have also proposed creating an Iowa wilderness area,
mandating that all economic development in the state stop immediately and
that the entire state be replanted in trees.