Old October 28th 05, 10:18 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Default Speaking of landing on the freeway

Montblack wrote:

Was the one in the video a fixed gear? I didn't see any 'holes' for the
rear gear when it was being hauled away on the trailer. I thought 210's
were all retracts. Maybe not.

1973 C-210L.

Its a retract... Nonturbo'd... The gear tucks into the "doors" which
close when its extended or retracted for better aerodynamics. Easiest
way to tell is the way they look phunnie in the front when the gear is
down... As I stated previously we shared hanger space with him in the
jet hanger, my dad was kindly towards him and sublet space. He's on the
airport commission (only active pilot) and was instrumental in trying to
have several planes evicted over the manditory insurance rule instituted
nearly a year ago now. His plane was stored outside at the time and he
dearly wanted one of their T-Hanger slots. He recently got one a month
ago, guess I need to see if its available...