Old October 12th 04, 02:59 AM
David Brooks

"Wizard of Draws" wrote in message
news:BD90A9BF.28E0E%jeffbREMOVE@REMOVEwizardofdraw s.com...
On 10/11/04 5:37 PM, in article , "Dan
Luke" wrote:

"Wizard of Draws" wrote:
I think it will be a lot more hours before I attempt any single pilot

IFR.

[sings] "Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby!"

The first time you take off by yourself and plow into a low overcast

while
turning is a real sphincter tightener. That experience will make you
understand how close to death you *really* are - in a way no CFII can

quite
get across.

This was my biggest learning experience from this flight. Descending *and*
turning to intercept the localizer while in the clouds was what caught my
attention and made me realize how serious this could get, and how quickly,
especially when I saw how much I had over-banked initially.

That's when you really, really understand why you did those unusual attitude
drills.