Old November 6th 06, 09:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot

Default Soooo, what is the best plane to build around a corvair engine?

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 19:20:09 -0500, "Roger (K8RI)"
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 19:19:51 +0800, Stealth Pilot
wrote:

On 4 Nov 2006 15:13:45 -0800, "Lou" wrote:

That is the first 500lb useful load single place I've ever seen.
It would be a great 2 place.

have a look at the sonerai

Sonerai and Sonex although I have to admit the Corvair powered
"Personal Cruiser" is a much nicer looking plane.

We have one Jabaru Powered Sonex and another group is just finishing
up a VW powered one.

I don't remember what's in the Sonerai, but I think it was a Corvair
engine. He was parked right next to the Deb in the T-hangar while he
was building it, but I don't remember for sure.

I've mentioned it before, but I think we have 17 active (under
construction) projects in our chapter at present.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

the challenge for the rest of the chapter is to urge, cajole and
mollycoddle those projects to completion.

those who just sit around and urge sometimes have the hardest task :-)

damn good effort though.
Stealth Pilot