Old July 11th 03, 03:45 PM
Andre

OK sounds great thanx.
You mentioned a video?
Are these for sale and obtainable somewhere?

"dann mann" wrote in message
I carved a prop using the Clutton book as a reference. Realy just as an
exercise to see how long it would take.
I carefully selected the straightest clear Douglas Fir 6" by 72" from
the Home Depot. Three laminations bonded with generous amounts of epoxy
and clamps galore. I had just recently seen a video of people doing this
and the basic layup is easy.
Make a template for one blade. Cut shape on bandsaw. Follow directions
in Clutton book for selection of pitch and other parameters. Buy
yourself a nice block plane and some rasps and files.
Carve away everything that doesn't look like a prop. Mine took about 8
hours of carving. Balance was not real good
I mounted it to a test stand mounted ultralight engine. It was pretty
decent but a little shaky. Made a nice wall hanger and total cost was
about 35 bucks.