Old June 4th 04, 03:31 PM
Ron Wanttaja

Default Fly Baby Plans Off the Market

Due to an Estate dispute, marketing of the plans for the Bowers Fly Baby
has stopped. It is unknown how long they'll be off the market. Or that
matter, whether they'll ever return.

If you have a set of plans you no longer need, I can help put you in
contact with potential buyers. Also, EAA SPORT AVIATION magazine published
a fourteen-part series on building the Fly Baby in 1963-1964. These
articles are available reprints from the EAA, and are also contained in the
CD-ROM of SPORT AVIATION back issues.

The instructions aren't the step-by-step type, and the drawings aren't
full-sized, but full-sized CAD layouts for steel parts can be found at:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/tech/index.html#layouts

....and technical assistance is available from folks on the Fly Baby mailing
list. There were some slight dimensional changes since the original SPORT
AVIATION article, and we're trying to gin up an 'errata' sheet.

The next issue of KITPLANES has an article by myself that includes an
address for ordering. Unfortunately, the pulling of the plans sales came
too late to remove the address from the article.

Ron Wanttaja