Old July 3rd 03, 06:13 PM
Corky Scott

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:09:28 +0200, "AWV" wrote:

Thanx Ron, Pete and Jan,
I have looked at all the web sites and I have ordered the Eric Clutton
booklet.
I can't wait for it to arrive!
I am very interested in the mathematics that model the "ideal" shape of the
propeller. (If such exist at all...)
I wonder how deep the Eric Clutton book will go into the subject.
I suppose I could just buy one of the software packages to help with my
propeller design, but I feel like a spoilt 2 year old saying: "I wanna... I
wanna...." all the time.
I wanna understand what I'm doing and I wanna work it out myself so that I
know exactly what's going on. Maybe after I've worked out my solution, I
will buy one of the software packages to check my result.
Anyone have any ideas with regards to the nitty gritty mathematical theory
around propellers?
Regards
Andre

I think I have this book. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it wasn't
written for the kind of prop and horsepower I need and have.

It seemed angled toward direct drive, high speed props. The kind of
thing you'd see on direct drive Volkswagon engines.

When I tried to plot my 180 + horsepower engine at the top prop speed
of 2400 rpm, it was off the scale.

Corky Scott