Old December 10th 03, 11:39 PM
Ron Natalie

"Lori Fields" wrote in message ...
Hey guys, how about this. I went to Lakeland Florida this year for
Sun-N-Fun, in the Tripacer, and spent 5 days there in a tent. Granted, it
was not the most luxurious vacation I have ever had, but it was alot of fun
for me and I would go back, maybe not for 5 days, but I would go back.

Margy was afraid of flying (any kind, airliners or little planes) when I met her.
I demonstrated the safety of flight by taking her out for a flight and punching
a hole in the wing with a turkey buzzard. We flew out a few months later to
Oshkosh. Margy insisted on camping (I'm not a camper, I stayed in the dorms
the previous year), but Margy had done her research and decided that was the
way to go.

After a week of hanging out at Oshkosh she made me teach her navigation on
a picnic table next to the hanger cafe so she would know what was going on
on the return trip. She signed up for flight lessons the next week.

The next summer she flew out to Oshkosh with the ink still wet on her certificate.
The next summer she flew out to Oshkosh in her own plane.