Old August 7th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

Default Lightweight covering of 1/8 inch G1S plywood

In article ,
"Morgans" wrote:

"Ed Sullivan" wrote

Tony Bingelis' Emeraude was covered with Model airplane glass

I can't think of the guy's name, he passed a couple years ago, in his plane.
It was a pink GP-4, named cotton candy, IIRC.

Wasn't that one covered in model airplane glass, also?

I will not put down fabric and dope for covering plywood planes, but the
ones I have seen covered with light glass and resin are the slickest looking
wood planes I have ever seen. They look like well constructed and faired
fiberglass planes, with a mirror finish. Unbelievable, in my opinion.

I'm convinced if I build a wood covered plane, that is the route I will go.

You ought to see my and Roy Foxworthy's Johnson Rockets, then.
Plywood/ceconite/dope (all rubbed and polished)