Old March 24th 09, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Garret

Default LAS approaches

In article ,
A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:

Ron Garret wrote:
Some questions about flying to LAS:

1. The RNAV RWY 1R (http://naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0903/00662R1R.PDF) has
two IAFs: BOACH and SKEBR. I can find BOACH on the enroute chart (on
V21 between WHIGG and CRESO) but not SKEBR. Where is it?

SKEBR should be defined as the LAS R-211, 28DME. It's a little
bit northeast of CLARR.

http://www.airnav.com/airspace/fix/skebr

I guess I should have phrased the question a little differently. I know
where these waypoints are (obviously they're on the approach plate).
What I want to know is how do you get to them if they're not shown on
the enroute chart? (I'm talking theory here. I know that in practice
you just get vectored around, and it's visual approaches 99.9% of the
time.)

Conversely, what do you do if your DUATS-recommended flight plan
terminates at a waypoint that is not the IAF for any approach and you
lose comm?

rg