Old March 27th 09, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default LAS approaches

Ron Garret wrote:
In article ,
Sam Spade wrote:

Ron Garret wrote:

In article ,
Sam Spade wrote:

Ron Garret wrote:

Some questions about flying to LAS:

1. The RNAV RWY 1R (http://naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0903/00662R1R.PDF) has
two IAFs: BOACH and SKEBR. I can find BOACH on the enroute chart (on
V21 between WHIGG and CRESO) but not SKEBR. Where is it?

2. Same question for KACCY intersection, which is the IAF for the
VOR/DME-A (http://naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0903/00662VDA.PDF)

3. The route I get from DUATS low-altitude auto-routing (from VNY) ends
at OASYS (on V394), which does not appear to be the IAF for any
approach. Am I missing something? Is DUATS broken? If I were cleared
"as filed" and lost comm, which should I do when I got to OASYS?

Thanks,
rg

Did you check the STARS for LAS?

Yep. Couldn't find them there either. But I didn't do an exhaustive
search.

rg

SKEBR is on the CLARR2 STAR. And, although it is not part of V-394,
SKEBR lies directly on V-394.

Just returned from an uneventful (and CAVU, albeit a bit bumpy) trip to
LAS. Thanks for all the responses!

rg

Not much fun when the Santa Anas are at play. Where are you based?