Old May 26th 18, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Manley[_3_]

Default Car/Truck to pull glider trailer

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 8:47:37 AM UTC-4, Scott Manley wrote:
The 2017 Tesla Model X I am leasing is a amazing tow vehicle. Other than the range reduction (about 200 mile max between charges) that is more obvious when driving a vehicle that makes you aware of your energy consumption, its 5500 lb weight, low center of gravity, 550 bhp, all-wheel drive, and 500 ftlb of torque instantly available at all speeds (starting at zero) make it a great tow vehicle for my Cobra 30 ft all-aluminum 15m trailer. If I don't look back, I don't even know its back there.

The 200 hundred mile max between charges is conservative, ensuring 20% of battery capacity on arrival. With Tesla's nation-wide network of fast chargers located 50-150 miles apart along all the interstate highways, long distance travel is not problem, and I can usually be recharged in 30 minutes, about the same amount of time it takes me to rest, stretch, and pee.

'Sorry if this repeats; I was trying to fix a typo.