Old July 21st 18, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Silent Skies

I live in Great Meadows, NJ, about 4 miles northwest of Hackettstown
Airport. This is a nice clear Saturday morning, and usually I would
hear the occasional airplane engine as some SEL passes nearby, even
once in a while the distinctive sound of a radial. But not today.
And why? Because President Trump is spending yet another weekend
playing golf at his resort in Bedminster, NJ. The TFR restricts just
about all flying in the northern half of NJ. Two fields in that range
have both commercial and club glider operations, Aero Club Albatross
at Blairstown, and Hawk Valley Soaring at Van Sant in PA. Given that
clubs and flight schools do most of their business on weekends, it is
questionable whether we can survive this for very long. Nothing we
can do about it, of course, except bitch and moan. So count your
blessings while you've got 'em.

34 public use airports are covered by the current TFR.

Jim Beckman