Old March 20th 04, 07:36 PM
Aviv Hod

"Maule Driver" wrote in message
I preferred the earlier one because it was web based and allowed me to run
it wherever I was on whoever's system I was using (including my friend's
Macs where I've planned and filed dozens of flights).

What really is irritating me is the fact that my home 'port, 8NC8, is not

in
the airport database. Making it a waypoint still doesn't seem to allow me
plan a flight to and from it. A minor but irritating problem. It wasn't

problem with the earlier tool.

Going to have to call them since there doesn't seem to be any online help

or
support on the topic.

The AOPA tool seems to not let you plan directly to private airstrips, but
you can easily modify any route it comes up with. In your case, just flight
plan to KRDU, then drag the end point to 8NC8. It's in the database, you
just need to zoom in to find it. Dragging the endpoint seems to update the
navlog correctly as well. Does that solve the problem?

-Aviv