Old December 17th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_1_]

Default Lightspeed Zulu PIREP

Actually, FWIW

I have the Bose, my partner has the DC X-11.

A year now, Bose has already required service( at 2 months) , The
DC's are trouble free.

I paid more, but after 1 year, I think he chose better than I.

The ANR was the same on both, very good.. The DC's occasionally loose
the ANR due to leakage around my glasses when I move my head suddenly.

If the batteries go dead in the BOSE, you might as well throw them in
the baggage compartment, - the DCs still have adequate passive NR..

If the reports continue to come in good on the Lightspeed, I may dump
the Bose and try the Lightspeed...

At least get a pair to try out...

Some will think this is sacriliage, but I find the Bose, although a
very good headset, are just nowhere near equal to the hype that
surrounds them. A guvmint aircraft here that is used a lot, finds the
Bose does not stand up to heavy use very well....

And I still have this "free", cheap CD player- earphones etc. in a
box here somewhere...

FWIW

Dave

The Bose work OKOn Sun, 16 Dec 2007 15:46:51 GMT, "Viperdoc"
wrote:

I have two 30-3G headsets, and one previous model 25. They have had cracked
ear cup yokes, broken wires, bad ANR, each. Obviously, they are not that
old, and the support was great. On the other hand, I have around five pairs
on non-ANR dave clarks. and they never had a problem, ever.

Considering the big overall cash outlay, for an extra $150, it might be
worth getting the Bose, if the construction is better and they will be more
reliable.