Old August 9th 05, 09:15 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"Dave S" wrote in message
nk.net...
I believe you are mistaken on the IVO.

The IVO has a specific range of travel that is accomplished by twisting
the blade midshaft, not rotating the entire blade in the hub.

I well could be plus in my head Beta means reversing. The reason for this is
when I was getting my helicopter rating the instructor used the term for
negative rotor pitch and it stuck in my head.

What would the point of this in a small plane be if not reversing?

I did find this definition for Beta.

Beta Control : A propeller which allows the manual repositioning of the
propeller blade angle beyond the normal low pitch stop. Used most often in
taxiing, where thrust is manually controlled by adjusting blade angle with
the power lever.