Old May 12th 10, 09:57 PM
Larry Wheat Larry Wheat is offline
Junior Member

Location: Moses Lake, Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orval Fairbairn[_2_] View Post
A group of us are building a Pulsar and expect to license it in exp-LSA
and are seriously considering the 80 horse Jabiru as a powerplant. The
engine, and FWF kit are less than the Rotax, without having a gearbox to
complicate things.

Who out there has experience with this engine?
Strengths?
Weaknesses?

I currently have a 2200 Jabiru on my Excalibur pusher. It is a great engine and runs like a sewing machine. I have had some issues with the engine running cooler than normal. It is uncowled so all the aluminum is a big heatsink. I have had great support from Jabiru Pacific and Jabiru USA. In fact I am planning on buying a 1198 PulsarIII and put a Jabiru2200 on it. Do you guys know where I can get the firewall forward kit for this airplane. I am having a hell of atime trying to contact ANYONE associated with the factory so it is worrysum to me. Any help will be appreciated. Cheers, Larry