Old August 14th 03, 07:36 AM
Dan Moos

Default Landing a warrior

I am a 130 hour PP, and the bulk of my time is in various cessnas (152s and
172's) I've always thought myself decent at landing

Until now. I've recently joined a flying club that has a c182 and a warrior.
My my last 20 or so hours are in the warrior. I bet I 've gotten as few as
5 landings that I'm proud of in that time. Nothing dangerous, just massive
floating, followed by clunking it in with maybe even a bounce or 2. Usually
just one. I'm aware of the inhanced ground effect present in a low-wing
plane. I fly my aproaches at around 65 knots with the second noch of flaps.
I seem to have similar struggles with no and full flaps.

Again, these are all landings that my passengers think are great. I'm just
used to getting great results in the cessnas, and wish to do the same in the
warrior.