Old December 4th 04, 02:17 PM
Brian Sponcil

The Ammeter on my 75 Warrior used to bounce all over the place and after I
replaced the voltage regulator it went away. As others have pointed out
loose connections are also a likely culprit. FWIW - the voltage regulator
was in the neighborhood of $100.

-Brian
N33431

"Leo" wrote in message
m...
Usually the hand on my ammeter bounces for a few moments while taxing
and then settles down at about 20 amps. Yesterday it continued to be
erratic with a few calm moments with the hand indicating 10 amps. The
ammeter has 1976 stamped on the back. Do these things ever wear out?
Is there any way to bench test one? I need a few opinions, what is
the most likly culprit - ammeter, regulator or alternator? Thanks Leo