Old December 9th 03, 05:33 AM
Rick Durden

Big John,

I join you in your celebration of survival and tip one for you.

However, I wonder what God or Allah or Odin or Zeus has to do with it.
If God allowed your airplane to go south on you and the weather to be
awful, why would you give Him or Her credit for your survival. After
all, didn't He or She screw you to start with?

Again, congratulations on surviving a horrible experience and using
your skill, experience, judgment and knolwedge in selecting when and
where to leave the aircraft. Let's give credit where it's due. You
just plain did it right.

All the best,
Rick

Big John wrote in message . ..
33 years ago at about 13:00 Greenland Standard Time , with good
training, excellent equipment and the Grace of God, I ejected over
Sonderstrom Greenland, in the middle of a snow storm and survived,

This day after Pearl Harbor Day, I celebrate, with my troops, this
episode in time.

Big John