Old July 23rd 03, 11:05 PM
Ernest Christley

Dan Horton wrote:

(1) Would individual homebuilders pay money to have their
self-designed engine/drive systems checked for torsional amplitudes,
determination of frequency, etc? If yes, how much money would it be
worth to an individual builder?

I've done enough study of the vibrational issues in PSRU construction to
be able to say, without hesitation, "Well, hell yeah!!"

I've considered long and hard about how I would test this. With no
obvious and practical test method other than maybe a strobe light, I've
concluded that I'd probably settle for running it 50hrs and declare
success if it survives. 8*) Off the top of my head, I guess I'd be
willing to come off of about $200 for 15min of test time.

(2) Would homebuilders eventually demand evidence of such testing
from vendors to the experimental market? Or is it likely that the
average homebuilder would never become aware of the need for such
testing?

The typical homebuilder will assume that it has been done by the company
that they fork over $2000 to. They aren't likely to demand any
evidence. Like the companies that advertise how many chemicals are in
tap water in order to sell bottled water, if you want to sell your
services you'll have to educate the masses about the need. Note, I'm
not implying that yours is a useless service like the bottled water
vendors. I'm just pointing out that you'll have to use the same
marketing technique.

--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/