Old January 29th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default O-360 sticking valve update

Denny wrote:
: comment and question...
: First questions, did you look at the cam lifts? to see if they were in
: the ball park?

We haven't done that, but in any event it wouldn't cause intermittent power
loss.

And how did the throttle plate look?

That's on the agenda before buttoning it back up. We're actually waiting on a
starter repair and alternator overhaul at the moment as well. Probably won't be
putting anything back together until later this week or next weekend.

: Comment, since you have checked the valves for binding it is time for
: AVBLEND + MMO Cory... Then if it still acts doggy on takeoff it is fuel
: or spark....

In general I'm skeptical of MMO and other snakeoil treatments. Seems like
more than circumstantial evidence for a lot of aviation folk on this one, though.
Between that, the increased CHT warmup, and the cleanout of gunk on the guides, it
wouldn't surprise me if the problem doesn't come back... for awhile.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *