Old April 4th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
qui si parla Campagnolo

Default Brit 'prisoners', held by Iran

On Apr 3, 9:50 am, "Jeb" wrote:
On Mar 30, 8:09 pm, "TJ" wrote:

On 30 Mar, 13:35, "qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote:

I know they aren't at 'war', but what ever happened to 'name, rank,
ssn and date of birth? Why would they think it ok to blab apologies on
Iranian TV, considering they are not really threatened in any way??

Sorry, don't get it.

P C chisholm
Retired Phighter pilot

The guys detained in 2004 had mock executions carried out on them. All
said 'sorry' on camera to the Iranian people and all said that they
were being well cared for.
Most of these guys would say anything to get released early. It is now
called the BIG6, but it really goes out the window in such situations.
Those guys are not
trained in resistance to interrogation. Those guys in 2004 said sorry
tongue in cheek style to aid their release. The only people trained in
that in the UK are aircrew and special forces. The female is obviously
having lots of pressure put on her to write those letters.

One wonders if there are meds/drugs involved...that might explain the
general happiness that the hostages seem to be exhibiting.

We're gonna find out, they are being released this AM, Boulder time