Old August 8th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Copperhead144

Default Harbor Freight aircraft tools

On Aug 8, 10:34*am, wright1902glider wrote:
For me, the ultimate problem with HF is that they seldom have the
stuff

they advertise. We have a local store (meaning about a 25 mile drive
each way) & the hit rate for sale items is about 1 in 10.

Charlie- Hide quoted text -

I'm 1/2 way between 2 stores. My strategy is the same I used for toys
when I was a kid: circle all of the stuff in the catalog(s) that I
want. Develop budget limit for this trip. Find as many items on list
as possible. Consume remaining budget on c-clamps and specialty
pliers. A man can never have enough clamps or bent-end-long-reach-
needle-nose-internal-snap-ring pliers.

By the way, I highly recommend the 20ft. 1,000lb capacity yellow
ratchet tie-down straps. They are better than the ones at home cheap-o
and I got mine for $1.99 each. (I bought 1 to use and 3 spares.)

Harry

Harry,

You made me choke on my coffee laughing when I read this because its
the very same thing I do. We have one HF store in town bit other's
within an easy driving distance so I keep a copy of the catalog flyer
with me and when in the area stop by one of the stores to see if they
have the item I'm looking for in stock. I also set aside the money I
intend to spend on said tool and wait until I find it. Works fine and
I don't overspend.

Joe