Old January 18th 18, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default Tying down a fiber glass ship.

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 4:47:32 PM UTC-7, Collin Shea wrote:
Anytime I “tie down” my ship for the night I just put two wing stands underneath each wings and raise them to where there’s no flex, chocked the main wheel, and if the wind was supposed to be over 12-15 knots, we would trailer it for the night. this method worked all two weeks of Hobbs, we never really worried about the finish just because it had already seen it’s harshest UV rays during the flying, night time didn’t scare us. But I would never leave my Libelle out for months (Just to clarify)

Collin's method will usually be fine but it can make neighbors irritated and apprehensive.

One wing stand under a tied down wing wheel saddle; and on the other wing, a wing stand under a tied down wing rigger saddle makes a pretty solid setup (though esthetically a bit out of balance).