Old February 24th 20, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Hill[_3_]

Default SSA Conventions. Return to every year?

On 24/02/2020 15:20, danlj wrote:

Bert, I was told when we went to biennial conventions that the (overseas) manufacturers could no longer justify an annual expedition across the pond.
Obviously, a convention without a show floor was incomprehensible to the committee that made the decision.

A comment from afar as I'm in the UK.

The major European/International Aero exhibition held at Friedrichshafen
in Germany every year used to be every two years but switched to every
year a while back. At that point then at least DG, Schleicher and
Schemp-Hirth decided to only attend every two years even though the show
is every year.

If these manufacturers only attend such a major exhibition in their own
country every two years then I'm sure they would be happy to attend the
SSA convention every two years even if it was an annual event given all
the other things happening which would be useful to the membership.

--

Nick Hill