Old January 30th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
A Lieberma

Default Starter question

"Ronnie" wrote in
. net:

Hey Ronnie,

Will post results in seperate post with an update subject line but to
answer your questions

What time of day yesterday did you go flying? The reason I ask
is because I was at MBO at 1:30 pm yesterday trying to get my Aztec
started. I also had problems. It was cold soaked from the 22 degree
low early Monday morning and even though the OAT had risen by
early afternoon the effects on the battery and the oil made the engine
very hard to get turning.

It was 4:00 in the afternoon. I thought the same thing.

When I hit the right enginer starter, it just moaned, wiggled the
prop, and could not over come the compression. Same thing on
the left engine. I thought I was going to need external power
assist, but after waiting a couple of minutes to let the battery
recover after each try, I finally got enough movement of the
prop to get it turn over. It is a good than that those engines
fire up with not much cranking.

Same exact symptoms!

Is your airplane hangared in the hangar closest to the office? If
so, I think I saw it during my visit. I used to have an airplane
based at MBO back in the mid 80s before I move to Austin.
That was the first time I've been there since then. Nice to see
the airport is still going strong.

I am tied down closest to the office outside the hangars. You would have
passed my plane on your left to the transient parking. Best looking
Sundowner on the ramp on my own subjective opinion :-)

Going strong is an understatement! When I returned for some touch and
goes, 5 planes in the pattern. This was the first time I ever was number
3 on final. I had to orbit east of the field so I could time my pattern
entry and merge into the traffic pattern just like an interstate :-)

Allen