Old February 18th 14, 09:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Soaring near Chamonix, France?

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:04:15 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Don,

I regulary fly in this area to land on the Glaciers in my Husky. Ther is gliding in Ablertville and in Annecy about 1 hr drive from Chamonix or if you prefer to go to the south side in Aosta Italy, about 1.5 hrs drive.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

TomD

I outlanded in Albertville in 2013, and there is absolutely no gliding there. The power pilots I met there (no towing available) had no idea how gliding works.

However there is a big soaring center nearby in Chambery (
http://www.planeur-challes.fr)