Old April 25th 11, 04:29 PM
Robert Streiferd Robert Streiferd is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughn[_3_] View Post
"Rob Shepherd" wrote in message
Afternoon all,

I'm back in Breckenridge, Colorado in September on vacation and would
love to fly there but converting my license seems a heap of bother for a
few flights.

I see there is a company based in Boulder that offer trial flights at
inflated prices but wondered if there may be any Co. based pilots here
that may be able to take me up for an hour at my expense for aircraft
hire/tow etc?

I don't know what you think it costs to fly a glider, or what you consider to be
"inflated prices" but you can go to Mile High Gliding and hire a dual glider
with an instructor and pay for whatever tows you wish to take. You don't need
to take the public "glider ride" deal. I have flown there a few times, and find
them competitively priced. (I'm a licensed glider pilot, but don't consider my
flatland flying experience sufficient for my occasional flying in Boulder's
3-dimensional terrain.)

Vaughn
I'm hoping to take some glider flights soon. Looks like a lot of fun

- Robert Streiferd