Old August 19th 20, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default You can now try Ramy’s scary outlanding on Lake Tahoe golf course on Condor

On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 2:49:00 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
I should also add that there is a 6ft pole in the middle of the fairway effectively cutting the width by half. You can see it in one of the photos.
Also I am not sure if I already shared the 3D replay of my flight and landing on Ayvri https://ayvri.com/scene/d9kd8vxqj2/c...013b5qxkq4d22p
(Note that Ayvri is showing 500 feet lower altitude, probably using standard pressure altitude)

Anyway, again, I am not proud of my decision making in the last 20 min of the flight which resulted in this landing. I am hoping to never repeat that and plan to maintain safer margins.

Ramy

That pole is the 150 yard marker (from the green) that is on most fairways other than par 3s. They are usually made of 1.5" PVC pipe, so they will break, but may do damage to the leading edge.

Was the glider moved after you stopped, or is that its final position?

Tom