Old March 15th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default FAA Mandates Plastic Pilot Certificates By March 31, 2010 Or You're Grounded

Stealth Pilot wrote in
:

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:36:17 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Stealth Pilot wrote in
m:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:38:30 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip

wrote:

(Ron Lee) wrote in news:47d7ff63.6885109
:

Regardless of the "right" wording, are you equivocating? Sounds
like you can't fly in the USA unless you get a plastic license.

Not quite, it sounds like you can no longer fly if your

certificate
is issued by the FAA.

Ok, I see your point. You are right. So this American, who has a
FAA issued pilot certificate, could no longer legally fly in the

USA
at some point if I did not get the new plastic certificate. I did
not look at the wording in a legal sense.

Actually, he could, if he is using a foreign certificate. I have

about
five of them in various states of repair and can use any one of them
to fly in the US.

Bertie

lemme see.....
australian, mexican, columbian, venezualian, bolivian, brazilian.

even close ???

Nope. Couple of African ones, couple of European ones. Most are expire
at the moment ( the US is the only place I know of where the licence
doesn't actually have an expiry date)

Bertie

australian licences are perpetual.

I gues they couldn't rely on the pilot populace leaving the pub long
enough to renew them!

Bertie