Old July 3rd 10, 11:43 PM
scooter01922 scooter01922 is offline
Junior Member

Default Bobcat ultralight

Hi guys, new member here. Been doing some reading around here and have come up with a few questions. I just yesterday hauled home a bobcat plane from a fellow up the road. Apparently the owner previous to him built it, had it flying and decided to start on another plane building project so took out the engine and controls and sold it. Sat in this gentlemans yard for the last year and incurred some damage here and there but nothing i don't see as fixable. Going to obtain a set of plans to fabricate the landing gear as well as effect repairs. After much research i think i have decided on a 1/2 VW conversion for eventual power. I am a little puzzled as to why it seems that anyone with a twin cly engine feels the need for 2 carbs. I would think keeping 1 carb in tune is easier than keeping 2 running optimally and synchronized as well. Plan on installing a ballistic chute in this plane as an added safety precaution. I have about 35 hours in the air working on my private lic so i should be able to get the hang of this with relatively little instruction hopefully. Happy to be a member around, here seems like a great place. I'll get a pic of the new toy up ASAP. Hmm, site seems to dislike letting me upload pics, will not work no matter what i try :-(

Last edited by scooter01922 : July 3rd 10 at 11:59 PM.