Old February 14th 05, 07:45 AM
John

Juan Jimenez wrote:

I was taught to use no more than 10-12 ft/lb of torque for AN aluminum
fittings, but why not call Van's to get the answer from the source?

"Steve Waltner" wrote in message
I'm to the point of installing the fuel fittings on the fuel tanks on
my RV-8A project. I'm a little confused about what torque to set my
wrench at when installing the fitting.

The fitting that goes through the tank rib and 3/16" reinforcement
plate is an AN833-6D elbow with an AN924-6D nut on the outside. There
are also a pair of -4D fittings for the vent line which will soon be
mounted as well. The only torque chart that I'm ever able to find is
one for AN bolts/nuts. Since these are aluminum fittings, I don't dare
torque them to the same values.

Steve

That's a lot of difference between 75 in pounds and 120-144 inch pounds
(10-12 ft/pounds). Definetly check with Van's but if you can't wait go with
the more conservative. (i'd wait!)
John