Old April 22nd 04, 08:07 PM
Doug Taylor

During Gary Osoba's first flight in the SparrowHawk, he flew for 10
minutes hands off, including entering and centering two thermals.

Also in the SparrowHawk, I find it easiest to use the pee-bag while in
a thermal, as long as it is a nice big smooth one.

John Jones wrote in message ...
How many gliders can be trimmed for hands off thermalling?

An instructor showed me, with spoilers open and proper
trim, the glider will stabilize in a slow descending
turn. Claimed it was good for getting out of a cloud.

Neat, but would not want to thermal with the spoilers
open.