Old March 9th 05, 12:10 AM

Default Garmin GPS196 Update v.4 - obstacles?

I just got an email from Garmin saying that their version 4.00 software
for the GPS196 is out. I was perusing the list of feature deltas
between the 3.80 and this one, and one bullet item stuck out as
interesting: support for obstacle database.

This is not a feature of the 196, or at least wasn't when I bought it.
Could they have actually added it since? Perhaps to compete with the
Lowrance products? Will towers show up in my unit *for free* the next
time I update the database?

I did the update to the firmware to 4, and obstacles not appear, which
is why I'm thinking I'd need a db update. Or maybe this just isn't what
I think it is.

-- dave j
-- jacobowitz73 -at- yahoo --dot-- com