Old March 29th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Diamant 18m

My first glider was a Diamant 16.5M, extended to 17.2M. Except for being
a bit sensitive in pitch, It was easy to
fly, docile and climbed great. The pilot seating is very reclined and
this required some getting used to. Rigging can be challenging...bring
friends. Don't fly it with white shoes though because the highly curved
canopy magnifing the reflection and the movement of your feet can be
very distracting.

Paul

phil collin wrote:
I'm looking into buying an 18m Diamant. There doesn't appear to be much
info about this particular model on the net other than the BGA's tech
sheet and a few odd references. I have no issue with it being flapped
etc. I wondered if anyone had experience with the 18 metre Diamant or
new of a url for more info. I'm told Jane's World Sailplanes has some
good info but other than that nada.

here's hoping

Phil