Old July 5th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave Butler[_1_]

Default Garmin GpsMap 396 - Flight Test

Dan Luke wrote:
"Mike Spera" wrote:

I'm thinking this unit has an internal antenna connection defect.

Or it could be RF interference from some source in the airplane: the
symptoms sound like it. This is exactly what one of my Cessna ARC-385
radios used to do to my portable GPS. Try tuurning off all emitting devices
one at a time the next time it happens. As a last resort, try turning off
the master. You might also try a new location for the remote antenna.

The garmin 196 I had before the 396 used to lose lock whenever my KX-155 was
tuned to certain VOR frequencies.