Old April 4th 07, 07:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
tony roberts

Default Wing Covers Pro/Cons

Pros:
No ice/frost/snow on critical surfaces.,

Cons:
Time taking them on and off.

Comment:
It takes much longer to clear a wing of ice, than it does to remove a
wing cover. If you live where the temerature drops much below zero, I
cannot think of a single argument against wing covers.

HTH

Tony

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

In article ,
"TF" wrote:

Just purchased my first plane and have it tied down. It has a canopy cover
but no wing covers. Walking around the airport I only notice one other
plane with wing covers. I would have thought wing covers would be good
protection. During the wnter the rentals would have them to prevent frost
but I didn't take notice of the others. Now that I have to worry about this
what's the story on the pro/cons of wing covers ?

Base in NJ.

Thanks.