Old February 7th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Michael[_1_]

Default I hate turn coordinators

On Feb 6, 9:47 pm, Frank Stutzman wrote:
I own a Bonanza. I fly the Oregon/Washington Cascade mountains on a
regular basis, especially in the summer. It has a T&S. I'm not God's
gift to aviation, but the T&S does fine for me.

Maybe it does. If you have actually had a total attitude gyro failure
in turbulent IMC and actually had to complete an IFR-in-IMC instrument
approach in turbulent IMC with just the T&S, then I believe you - and
you're a better man than I am.

If this has not actually happened, I think you are kidding yourself.
It's a whole lot easier under the hood.

Michael