Old October 1st 05, 10:46 PM
Alan Petrillo

Montblack wrote:

("Morgans" wrote)

Your statement may or may not be true, but I'm certainly not going to go
around wringing my hands over a 4 banger.

There is precedent.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...rticleId=68272
Honda Civic history

Oh, heck, the Untied States has a history of resting on its laurels
while foreign competitors eclipse its technology.

Just look at Airbus.

As far as engine systems go, Ford and GM could have had a 6 year head
start on hybrids, but they determined that hybrids "were not
economically feasable". The result? Now Honda and Toyota have a firm
lead in hybrid technology and Ford and GM are playing catch up.

And this is something that has happened over and over and over again.

If you aren't wringing your hands over this 4 banger then you should be.
Four bangers grow up.

AP